Saturday, April 19, 2008

At the Beach

I had forgotten just how beautiful these beaches are - pure, fine, white sand and azure blue water!! We have had relatively cool weather - in the high 60's, low 70's - but when the sun is out, as it has been most of the time, it feels just perfect.

Will ventured into the water only up to his knees and declared that the water was much too cold to go any further. He built a rather impressive sand mountain from which he had a glorious view of the waves and immediately assumed the position of "king of the hill."

Meanwhile, his architect dad was creating a replica of Mont Saint-Michel while mom soaked in the rays. Gigi (me) and Big Poppa walked the beach and made pictures - what else are grandparents for??

Last night we had a really scrumptious meal at the Melting Pot. I am amazed at the commercial development here.

Years ago, when Marci & Jimmy drug us down here for every spring break, it was mostly beaches and vacation condos with lots of land in between and our favorite reggae bar was A.J.'s Seafood. A.J.'s is still here, but totally surrounded by every chain restaurant known to man as well as huge outlet shopping centers, chain stores, and big box retailers (yes, even WalMart and Home Depot). I feel very nostalgic for the "good ole days"!
We may try to get back to A.J.'s just for old times sake. I'll let you know.

No comments: