Lisa and I spent a quiet, after brunch couple of hours. I am finishing Barack Obama's autobiography Dreams From My Fat
her, and the second floor deck was an excellent spot to relax and enjoy the breeze. Lisa's quiet time was interrupted when Will decided it was "tickle" time - I'm not sure who squealed the loudest!
Later in the afternoon, Jim and I spent a few hours with Arlyn Ende and Jack Hastings in their home, Deepwoods Studio. Arlyn and Jack are both working artists - click on their names for more information. Arlyn and I met through the Obama campaign. Jim and Jack, being fellow cynics, got along famously. For me, it's such a treat to be in the presence of two people who have lived creative lives - they just see the world from a different perspective and, I think, see things that more practical souls like me don't always see.
We leave for Montana tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the cooler, less humid climate and to seeing our Montana friends. As always, you have an open invitation to come see us!

No comments:
Post a Comment