Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun in Montana!!

We have been in Montana since January 20. Can you believe I was on a plane on Inauguration Day?@!! Thanks to the magic of Blackberry, I was at least able to download Obama's speech and read it before we touched down in Bozeman. What a wonderful day!!

We had a decent amount of snow this trip - not the 500 inches we had last year, but still better than most. All of my favorite runs were skiing very well and there was enough powder to give my quads a great workout. No, marathon training just doesn't do the job on those quads - I even had some upper body soreness. One of the most frustrating things about an aging body is that you just can't take muscle tone for granted - aargh!!!

Our Chattanooga contingent was in Big Sky for 10 days and we had a great time. This was the first winter trip to MT for Bess and Randall - I don't think they missed much, from snowshoeing to dogsledding to snowmobiling in Yellowstone, I think they slept very well at night.

Connie and Kat, my snowbunny ski buddies, are back for our annual ski bash. This time, they brought their hubbies. With eight people in our condo, it was reminiscent of college weekends, except that I actually remember what happened!

The Friday night sleigh ride at Lone Mountain Ranch was, as usual, a real treat. We girls all wore our furs and climbed into the sleigh pulled by our two horses - Minnie and Pearl. They swore it was conincidence that we were from TN, but we love thinking that this team was chosen especially for us.
Our driver, Bruce Anfinson, was also the entertainer for the evening once we got to the cabin. Bruce is quite an accomplished storyteller, guitar picker and singer/songwriter from Montana.

The meal at the cabin was quite good, particularly the prime rib, served with horseradish and sauteed mushrooms . There's just something about riding through the brisk outdoors that makes food taste so much better.



I just can't seem to keep up with my blog. There's more Montana fun to report, but I am on the last leg of my cross country trip - Montana to TN in 3 days - so, I'm off to bed in Kansas City and ready to head on in to Nashville tomorrow.

No comments: